Tuesday, September 8, 1987

Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Pink Floyd
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Compact Disc
Columbia 68518

1. Signs of Life
2. Learning to Fly
3. The Dogs of War
4. One Slip
5. On the Turning Away
6. Yet Another Movie / Round and Around
7. A New Machine (part one)
8. Terminal Frost
9. A New Machine (part two)
10. Sorrow

This seems to me to generally not be all that appreciated. I think that it is perhaps another victim of people's tendencies to compare albums to other albums that bear the same artist name. I happen to think this album is a fine piece of spaced-out rock. I suppose the mid-to-late-Eighties production on this thing can be a bit of a turn-off at times; nevertheless, I think this album does carry a certain, spooky, far-out vibe about it that is especially amplified on days when the weather leaves something to be desired. Try it....some dark afternoon....

No comments:

Post a Comment